Thursday, February 22, 2007

Canon 1D Mark III

I don't dwell on new camera technology, but I do watch with interest what is happening at Canon. Today, Canon introduced its replacement for the 1D Mark II, a camera geared at sports and photo journalists. I don't completely evaluate the camera based on the size of the megapixels as I have seen dramatic improvements in images simply through Canon's improved in-camera processing and other chip improvements around noise reduction. This camera has a 10.1 megapixel chip and is capable of 10 frames per second. It is a APS-H sized chip translating to a field of view magnification over standard 35mm size of 1.3. I am anxious to now see the replacement for the 1Ds Mark III which will hopefuly deliver some new technology for the landscape photographer.

Here is a link to the press release:

No comments: